Hormone Replacement Therapy in San Antonio, TX
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Your hormones manage various facets of your overall well-being, such as your mood and your sex drive. Hormonal imbalances can occur in both men and women, whether owing to aging, stress, menopause, or giving birth. Imbalanced hormones normally lead to problems, like fatigue, low libido, trouble sleeping, irritability, and increased weight. At Vita Nova Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Clinic, Dr. Francisco Cardona is board certified in internal medicine and uses hormone replacement therapy to fix your hormone levels and allow you to achieve breakthroughs in your mood, sexual desire, and mental acuity. Call our office in San Antonio, TX to set up a consultation.
How Does Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
After a thorough consultation with Dr. Cardona, your individualized bioidentical hormone replacement therapy plan or testosterone replacement therapy plan will be designed. To begin the therapy, a blood panel and other diagnostic testing will be executed to measure your existing hormone amounts. This will enable our team to decide on the level and method of therapy that would be best for you, in addition to the hormones that are out of balance. BHRT is typically administered as either ingestible tablets, tiny pellets that are introduced underneath the skin (pellet therapy), or injections. For testosterone replacement therapy, we offer on-site and at-home treatment options. These hormones are biochemically identical to the body's naturally occurring hormones.
As the body ages, the body’s ability to generate and regulate hormone balance becomes less effective which lead to inefficient levels of key hormones. In men there is a significant decreased in the production of androgens, particularly, testosterone while women will have a gradual decline in Testosterone and DHEA productions for years before menopause when production of estrogens and progesterone decline ultimately leading to significant hormonal imbalances and the ensuing symptoms. Because hormones play a crucial role in how your body functions, any imbalance generally leads to development of symptoms associated with their decline.
SYMPTOMS OF LOW TESTOSTERONE IN MEN:
- Feel tired, especially at the end of the day
- Decreased exercise endurance
- Have little or no interest in sex (also called “low libido”)
- Decreased erections or absence of morning erections
- Feel sad, down, or depressed
- Mood irritability
- Weight gain
- Loss of muscle or difficulty gaining muscle
- Bone thinning
- Loss of facial or body hair
- Growing breasts (also called “gynecomastia”)
- Low sperm count or infertility
- Low Bone Mineral density
SYMPTOMS OF HORMONE DEFICIENCY IN WOMEN:
- Low stamina
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes (hot flushes)
- Night sweats
- Low sex drive
- Vaginal dryness
- Loss of bone density
- Joint Pain
- Memory loss
- Inability to focus
Vita Nova Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Clinic Reviews
I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Cardona and his amazing staff for any or all of a better healthier lifestyle and look for yourself. Alex and Jen and the rest of the staff are always wonderful and so pleasant to deal with every single time. I've been coming for months for my TRT treatments as well as hair restoration and have been so pleased with my experiences and definitely exceeded my expectations. Dr. Cardona shows so much compassion and genuinely cares about each one of his patients as well as his staff does. They are awesome!!!
Dr Cardova, Alex, Jen and the entire team are awesome. Highly recommend them for anyone looking to live a happier, healthier life.
Great experience. Provider and staff are amazing. I am extremely happy with my results. The results were even better than I expected. Would do it again!
Staff very friendly and welcoming. Dr. Cardona very thorough explaining/educating about my treatment - Gentle hands! Highly recommend!
Dr. Cardona was very polite and professional. Staff was very prompt and efficient as well. Highly recommend!!!
Get In Touch
Feel Like Yourself Again
The aging process is a part of life, but fatigue and mental fog don't need to be. We invite you to book an appointment at Vita Nova Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Clinic in San Antonio, TX to discover more details regarding the benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and testosterone replacement therapy. These highly individualized therapies will be customized to your unique needs so you can achieve relief from hormonal imbalances.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER STARTING HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY?
Modern medicine now allows us to correct hormonal imbalances with the use of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). Bio-identical hormones are plant-based hormones that are identical on a molecular level with those hormones that are produced naturally in the body. By replacing these hormonal imbalances and restoring them to appropriate therapeutic levels, BHRT can help reduce and in many cases, eliminate the symptoms associated with menopause, adrenal fatigue, and other hormonal imbalances.
THE BENEFITS OF TESTOSTERONE THERAPY IN MEN:
- Increases in libido and Strength of Erections: In men treated with testosterone, normalization of the serum testosterone concentration typically results in a marked improvement in these symptoms.
- Increase muscle strength and Decreased fat mass: Testosterone replacement also leads to substantial improvements in muscle strength and fat-free mass in suffering from Low Testosterone?
- After heart, testosterone impacts brain the most. Improved concentration and memory were some effects shown by a number of studies with as many as 50-80% displaying an improvement in memory. Additionally, treatment with testosterone has shown benefits in symptoms of depression by improving mood and overall sense of well-being.
- Testosterone makes your more energetic by increasing production of Red blood cell (RBC) whose role is to carry oxygen from lung to the other part of the body which leads to improvement in fatigue and increase in stamina and endurance.
- In addition to those benefits, Testosterone Replacement therapy has been shown to have numerous additional positive effects in the body including improvement in cardiovascular function, bone density, improved sleep, improved mental awareness and focus.
BENEFITS OF BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY IN WOMEN
- Enhance mood
- Restore sex drive
- Boost memory
- Reduce depression
- Decrease hot flashes (hot flushes)
- Improve energy levels and Stamina
- Alleviate night sweats
- Eliminate mood swings
- Stop vaginal dryness
- Regain skin elasticity
- Soothes joint pains
- Strengthen the immune system